Jump to Main Content
- Brauner, J. Steven; Widdowson, Mark A.
- Ground water 2001 v.39 no.6 pp. 939-952
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); ethylbenzene, etc ; aquifers; benzene; biodegradation; decane; groundwater; iron; mathematical models; methane production; methanogens; monitoring; naphthalene; nitrate reduction; nonaqueous phase liquids; petroleum; population; solutes; sorption; toluene; xylene; Mississippi; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... A three-dimensional solute transport model with biological reactions is presented for simulating the natural attenuation study (NATS) at the Columbus Air Force Base in eastern Mississippi. NATS consisted of the release of a petroleum-based nonaqueous phase liquid (NAPL) and subsequent monitoring of BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, p-xylene), naphthalene, decane, and bromide in a shallow, unco ...
- Chaw, Donna; Stoklas, Ulrica
- Compost science & utilization 2001 v.9 no.4 pp. 322-335
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene), etc ; aeration; air; barley; biomass production; cattle manure; clay soils; composting; germination; mixing; oils; organic matter; polluted soils; salinity; temperature; vegetative growth; wood chips; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The potential of using composting technology to remediate clayey soils with high levels of crude oil contamination was evaluated. An open air windrow comprised of flare pit soil, manure and wood chips was constructed at Olds College, Composting Technology Centre. Aeration and mixing were carried out by a skid steer loader and composting parameters were monitored for ten months. Temperature profile ...