Jump to Main Content
- Ng, Wing-On; Zentella, Rodolfo; Wang, Yinsheng; Taylor, John-Stephen A.; Pakrasi, Himadri B.
- Archives of microbiology 2000 v.173 no.5-6 pp. 412-417
- histidine, etc ; Escherichia coli; Synechococcus; Synechocystis; absorption; flavin-adenine dinucleotide; gene overexpression; genes; mass spectrometry; plasmids; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... A new broad-host-range plasmid, pSL1211, was constructed for the over-expression of genes in Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803. The plasmid was derived from RSF1010 and an Escherichia coli over-expression plasmid, pTrcHisC. Over-expressed protein is made with a removable N-terminal histidine tag. The plasmid was used to over-express the phrA gene and purify the gene product from Synechocystis sp. ...
- Cho, Yoon Shin; Pakrasi, Himadri B.; Whitmarsh, John
- European journal of biochemistry 2000 v.267 no.4 pp. 1068-1074
- histidine, etc ; DNA; Escherichia coli; Synechocystis; Western blotting; absorption; cytochromes; heme; hydrophobicity; isoelectric point; methionine; nucleotide sequences; pH; physical properties; signal peptide; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Based on DNA sequence data a novel câtype cytochrome, cytochromeâcM, has been predicted to exist in the cyanobacterium Synechocystisâ6803. The precursor protein consists of 105 amino acids with a characteristic hemeâbinding motif and a hydrophobic domain located at the Nâterminal end that is proposed to act as either a signal peptide or a membrane anchor. For the first time we report the ...