Jump to Main Content
- Ng, Wing-On; Zentella, Rodolfo; Wang, Yinsheng; Taylor, John-Stephen A.; Pakrasi, Himadri B.
- Archives of microbiology 2000 v.173 no.5-6 pp. 412-417
- histidine, etc ; Escherichia coli; Synechococcus; Synechocystis; absorption; flavin-adenine dinucleotide; gene overexpression; genes; mass spectrometry; plasmids; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... A new broad-host-range plasmid, pSL1211, was constructed for the over-expression of genes in Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803. The plasmid was derived from RSF1010 and an Escherichia coli over-expression plasmid, pTrcHisC. Over-expressed protein is made with a removable N-terminal histidine tag. The plasmid was used to over-express the phrA gene and purify the gene product from Synechocystis sp. ...
- Costello, Colleen A.; Payson, Robert A.; Menke, Michael A.; Larson, Jeffrey L.; Brown, Keith A.; Tanner, Joseph E.; Kaiser, Raymond E.; Hershberger, Charles L.; Zmijewski, Milton J.
- European journal of biochemistry 2000 v.267 no.17 pp. 5493-5501
- histidine, etc ; Escherichia coli; NADP (coenzyme); Pichia pastoris; Zygosaccharomyces rouxii; acetone; cDNA libraries; catalytic activity; complementary DNA; genes; sequence analysis; substrate specificity; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... A novel ketoreductase isolated from Zygosaccharomycesârouxii catalyzes the asymmetric reduction of selected ketone substrates of commercial importance. The 37.8âkDa ketoreductase was purified more than 300âfold to >â95% homogeneity from whole cells with a 30% activity yield. The ketoreductase functions as a monomer with an apparent Km for 3,4âmethylenedioxyphenyl acetone of 2.9âmm and ...