Jump to Main Content
- Buche, A.; Ramirez, J. M.; Picorel, R.
- European journal of biochemistry 2000 v.267 no.11 pp. 3235-3243
- histidine, etc ; Ectothiorhodospira; absorption; bacteria; high performance liquid chromatography; pH; spectral analysis; titration; urea; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the spectral modifications of the LHII antenna complex from the purple bacterium Ectothiorhodospira sp. upon acid pH titration both in the presence and absence of urea. A blue shift specifically and reversibly affected the B850 band around pHâ5.5â6.0 suggesting that a histidine residue most probably participated in the in vivo absorption red shifting me ...
- Cho, Yoon Shin; Pakrasi, Himadri B.; Whitmarsh, John
- European journal of biochemistry 2000 v.267 no.4 pp. 1068-1074
- histidine, etc ; DNA; Escherichia coli; Synechocystis; Western blotting; absorption; cytochromes; heme; hydrophobicity; isoelectric point; methionine; nucleotide sequences; pH; physical properties; signal peptide; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Based on DNA sequence data a novel câtype cytochrome, cytochromeâcM, has been predicted to exist in the cyanobacterium Synechocystisâ6803. The precursor protein consists of 105 amino acids with a characteristic hemeâbinding motif and a hydrophobic domain located at the Nâterminal end that is proposed to act as either a signal peptide or a membrane anchor. For the first time we report the ...