Jump to Main Content
- Hokanson, Stan C.; Finn, Chad E.
- HortTechnology 2000 v.10 no.1 pp. 94
- agricultural programs and projects, etc ; breeding; Fragaria ananassa; cultivars; geographical distribution; crop management; marketing; crop quality; food processing; genetic resistance; disease resistance; pest resistance; chemical control; history; North America; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch.) cultivars used by commercial producers in North America often change rapidly due to several factors including modified cultural practices, processing and marketing practices, the desire for new cultivars with larger and higher quality berries, resistant insect and disease pests, loss of traditional chemical control methods, and private sector breeding program ...
- Casler, M. D.; Vogel, K. P.; Balasko, J. A.; Berdahl, J. D.; Miller, D. A.; Hansen, J. L.; Fritz, J. O.
- Crop science 2000 v.40 no.1 pp. 13
- agricultural programs and projects, etc ; breeding; height; plant characteristics; Bromus inermis; genetic improvement; plant breeding; cultivars; soil; crop yield; disease resistance; in vitro digestibility; nutritive value; forage; selection criteria; crop quality; dietary fiber; United States; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Since its introduction from Eurasia, smooth bromegrass (Leyss.) has become an important cool-season forage grass in North America. The objective of this study was to document breeding progress in smooth bromegrass between 1942 and 1995 in North America. Thirty cultivars or experimental populations were tested at up to seven sites in the eastern and central USA, with a range of soil types and clima ...