Jump to Main Content
- Wienhold, Brian J.; Tanaka, Donald L.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2000 v.64 no.1 pp. 379
- Mollisols, etc ; Entisols; grassland soils; land use; harvesting; tillage; no-tillage; minimum tillage; nitrogen fertilizers; North Dakota; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Effect of haying (hayed or not hayed prior to tillage), tillage (no-tillage, minimum tillage, or conventional tillage), and N fertilization (0 or 67 kg ha) on surface infiltration rates, Q(h), was evaluated for Conservation Research Program (CRP) site conversion. Soils included Amor loam (fine-loamy, mixed, superactive, frigid Typic Haplustoll) and Cabba silt loam (loamy, mixed, superactive, calca ...
- Baumhardt, R. L.; Lascano, R. J.; Evett, S. R.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2000 v.64 no.6 pp. 1940
- Mollisols, etc ; probes (equipment); soil analysis; soil water content; capacitance; sensors; calibration; accuracy; surface layers; soil salinity; soil temperature; diurnal variation; dry environmental conditions; saturated conditions; time domain reflectometry; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Multisensor capacitance probes (MCAP) are an alternative to gravimetric or nuclear soil water content (θ, m m) measurements. Their θ measurements are more convenient than gravimetric, and don't carry the nuclear regulatory burdens. Previous studies noted potential salinity and temperature effects on MCAP θ determinations. Our objectives were to calibrate and verify MCAP θ measurement accuracy in t ...