Jump to Main Content
- Raimondi, Peter T.; Morse, Aileen N. C.
- Ecology 2000 v.81 no.11 pp. 3193-3211
- Rhodophyta, etc ; adults; corals; larvae; leaves; metamorphosis; sexual reproduction; survival rate; swimming; Bonaire; Netherlands Antilles; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The leaf coral Agaricia humilis occurs mainly on the undersides of surfaces in shallow water, a distribution different from the vast majority of corals at our study site in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles. A series of hypotheses were tested for specific mechanisms that could cause the observed distributions of Agaricia humilis. We found that a suite of larval swimming and settling behaviors, in larg ...
- Benedetti-Cecchi, Lisandro
- Ecological monographs 2000 v.70 no.1 pp. 45-72
- Rhodophyta, etc ; Chthamalus; Rivularia; algae; ecological models; ecological succession; grazing; habitats; herbivores; limpets; long term experiments; natural history; prediction; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Increasing the predictive capabilities of ecological models is important for providing solutions to environmental problems. Progress in this direction relies on the understanding of basic ecological processes. Here, I used interaction web models and natural history information to predict the direct and indirect interactions that regulated succession in a relatively unstudied rocky shore assemblage ...