Jump to Main Content
- Mangani, F.; Lattanzi, L.; Attaran Rezai, M.; Cecchetti, G.
- Chromatographia 2000 v.52 no.3-4 pp. 217-220
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene), etc ; chromatography; monitoring; polar compounds; volatile organic compounds; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... A very fast method for continous monitoring of BTEX compounds in different matrices is described. The use of a new graphite-lined (GLOT) capillary column, allows the complete separation of BTEX at isothermal conditions and very short analysis time. The same column is also able to separate polar compounds and other VOCs. ...
- Stapleton, R.D.; Bright, N.G.; Sayler, G.S.
- Microbial ecology 2000 v.39 no.3 pp. 211-221
- ethylbenzene, etc ; Burkholderia; DNA probes; Flavobacterium; Pseudomonas; Ralstonia; Sphingomonas; ampicillin; aquifers; bacteria; benzene; biodegradation; carbenicillin; genes; genetic variation; kanamycin; monitoring; nalidixic acid; naphthalene; nucleotide sequences; petroleum; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; rifampicin; sediments; sequence analysis; soil microorganisms; streptomycin; tetracycline; toluene; xylene; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... Subsurface sediments were recovered from two aquifers contaminated with petroleum hydrocarbons in order to isolate and characterize indigenous microorganisms capable of biodegrading fuel-related compounds. These sediments had been previously studied using catabolic gene probes providing putative demonstration of significant biodegradation potential. Based on 16S rDNA sequence analysis, the isolate ...