Jump to Main Content
- Taylor, Richard; Howard, Ken
- Hydrogeology journal 2000 v.8 no.3 pp. 279-294
- public water supply, etc ; aquifers; basins; bedrock; landscapes; models; water activity; weathering; Asia; South America; Uganda; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Deeply weathered crystalline rock forms important aquifers for public water supply throughout low-latitude regions of Africa, South America, and Asia, but these aquifers have considerable heterogeneity and produce low well yields. Aquifers occur in the bedrock and overlying weathered mantle and are the products of geomorphic activity of meteoric water, principally deep weathering and stripping. Th ...
- Holman, I.; Palmer, R.; Leonavičiūtė, N.
- Hydrogeology journal 2000 v.8 no.6 pp. 636-645
- public water supply, etc ; aquifers; environmental protection; groundwater; hydraulic conductivity; quaternary deposits; quaternary soils; rural areas; Lithuania; United Kingdom; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Lithuania, in the Baltic region of northern Europe, is heavily dependent on groundwater resources for its public water supply, with a large proportion, especially in rural areas, derived from shallow Quaternary aquifers. A national groundwater-vulnerability methodology, based upon the UK approach, has been developed on behalf of the Lithuanian Ministry of Environmental Protection as a possible bas ...