Jump to Main Content
- Fabrizio, Mary C; Nichols, James D; Hines, James E; Swanson, Bruce L; Schram, Stephen T
- Canadian journal of fisheries and aquatic sciences 1999 v.56 no.8 pp. 1409-1419
- wild fish, etc ; Salvelinus namaycush; females; males; mark-recapture studies; models; survival rate; Lake Superior; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Data from mark-recapture studies are used to estimate population rates such as exploitation, survival, and growth. Many of these applications assume negligible tag loss, so tag shedding can be a significant problem. Various tag shedding models have been developed for use with data from double-tagging experiments, including models to estimate constant instantaneous rates, time-dependent rates, and ...
- Delorme, P.D.; Lockhart, W.L.; Mills, K.H.; Muir, D.C.G.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1999 v.18 no.9 pp. 1992-2000
- wild fish, etc ; Catostomus commersonii; Salvelinus namaycush; adults; ecosystems; eggs; females; fertilizer rates; half life; lakes; long term effects; progeny; spring; survival rate; toxaphene; Ontario; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Individuals from lake trout (Salvelinus namaycush) and white sucker (Catastomus commersoni) populations in a small lake located in the Experimental Lakes Area in northwestern Ontario, Canada, were treated with single intraperitoneal injections of toxaphene (7 microgram/g or 3.5 microgram/g) to better understand its potential effects on fish in their natural environment. Wild fish were captured, ta ...