Jump to Main Content
- Qi, Q.; Rose, P.A.; Abrams, G.D.; Taylor, D.C.; Abrams, S.R.; Cutler, A.J.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.117 no.3 pp. 979-987
- biosynthesis; enzymes; embryo (plant); long chain fatty acids; coenzyme A; transcription (genetics); gene expression; monounsaturated fatty acids; genes; Brassica napus; abscisic acid; enzyme activity; chemical structure
- ... Microspore-derived embryos of Brassica napus cv Reston were used to examine the effects of exogenous (+)-abscisic acid (ABA)and related compounds on the accumulation of very-long-chain monounsaturated fatty acids (VLCMFAs), VLCMFA elongase complex activity, and induction of the 3-ketoacyl-coenzyme A synthase (KCS) gene encoding the condensing enzyme of the VLCMFA elongation system. Of the concentr ...
- Sheveleva, E.V.; Marquez, S.; Chmara, W.; Zegeer, A.; Jensen, R.G.; Bohnert, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.117 no.3 pp. 831-839
- Nicotiana tabacum; transgenic plants; gene expression; genes; complementary DNA; genetic code; sorbitol; biosynthesis; glucose 6-phosphate; oxidoreductases; enzyme activity; leaves; glucose; fructose; starch; myo-inositol; seedlings; salinity; osmotic pressure; necrosis; genetic variation; stress response
- ... We analyzed transgenic tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.) expressing Stpd1, a cDNA encoding sorbitol-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from apple, under the control of a cauliflower mosaic virus 35S promoter. In 125 independent transformants variable amounts of sorbitol ranging from 0.2 to 130 micromole g-1 fresh weight were found. Plants that accumulated up to 2 to 3 micromole g-1 fresh weight sorbitol were ...