Jump to Main Content
- Boiffin, V.; Hodges, M.; Galvez, S.; Balestrini, R.; Bonfante, P.; Gadal, P.; Martin, F.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.117 no.3 pp. 939-948
- Eucalyptus globulus; Pisolithus tinctorius; roots; symbiosis; cytosol; protein composition; isocitrate dehydrogenase; enzyme activity; genes; nucleotide sequences; amino acid sequences; complementary DNA; gene expression; immunocytochemistry; plant anatomy; ectomycorrhizae; NADP (coenzyme)
- ... NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (NADP-ICDH) activity is increased in roots of Eucalyptus globulus subsp. bicostata ex Maiden Kirkp. during colonization by the ectomycorrhizal fungus Pisolithus tinctorius Coker and Couch. To investigate the regulation of the enzyme expression, a cDNA (Eglcdh) encoding the NADP-ICDH was isolated from a cDNA library of E. globulus-P. tinctorius ectomycorrhiza ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sheveleva, E.V.; Marquez, S.; Chmara, W.; Zegeer, A.; Jensen, R.G.; Bohnert, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.117 no.3 pp. 831-839
- Nicotiana tabacum; transgenic plants; gene expression; genes; complementary DNA; genetic code; sorbitol; biosynthesis; glucose 6-phosphate; oxidoreductases; enzyme activity; leaves; glucose; fructose; starch; myo-inositol; seedlings; salinity; osmotic pressure; necrosis; genetic variation; stress response
- ... We analyzed transgenic tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.) expressing Stpd1, a cDNA encoding sorbitol-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from apple, under the control of a cauliflower mosaic virus 35S promoter. In 125 independent transformants variable amounts of sorbitol ranging from 0.2 to 130 micromole g-1 fresh weight were found. Plants that accumulated up to 2 to 3 micromole g-1 fresh weight sorbitol were ...