Jump to Main Content
- Vrhovsek, U.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1998 v.46 no.10 pp. 4203-4208
- grapes; grape juice; grape must, etc ; Vitis vinifera; cultivars; coumaric acids; phenols; oxidation; pressing; extraction; yields; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The concentrations of the hydroxycinnamoyltartaric acids (caftaric, cis- and trans-coutaric, and fertaric acid) were determined in berries of six white grapevine cultivars and compared with their concentrations in oxidation-protected juices. The analyses were performed by direct injection in a reverse phase HPLC-DAD system. Differences among the cultivars in extraction yield appear to be independe ...
- Al-Bachir, M.
- International journal of food science & technology 1998 v.33 no.6 pp. 521-526
- grapes, etc ; cultivars; food irradiation; gamma radiation; sulfur dioxide; food preservation; shelf life; postharvest treatment; cold storage; food storage; storage quality; duration; Botrytis cinerea; synergism; food spoilage; food contamination; microbial contamination; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The feasibility of using gamma-irradiation and sulphur dioxide to control post-harvest diseases and to extend the shelf-life of table grapes in cold storage (l-2 degrees C) was studied using two cultivars of grapes local to Syria (Baladi and Helwani). The experiment took 2 years. In the first year the clusters of both cultivars were subjected to one of the following treatments, irradiation with 1. ...