Jump to Main Content
- Takahama, U.
- Plant & cell physiology 1998 v.39 no.7 pp. 681-689
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Nicotiana tabacum; ascorbic acid; cell walls; leaves; chlorogenic acid; enzyme activity; peroxidase; oxidation; quinones; hydrogen peroxide; chemical constituents of plants; cell wall components; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... There is a question whether ascorbic acid (AA) can control redox levels of phenolics in the apoplast. The present study was designed to answer this question. AA, dehydroascorbic acid (DHA), chlorogenic acid (CGA) and its two structural isomers were present in the apoplast of leaves of tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L. cv. BelW3). The levels of AA plus DHA (AA + DHA) and the ratios of AA to (AA + DHA) ...
- Arisi, A.C.M.; Cornic, G.; Jouanin, L.; Foyer, C.H.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.117 no.2 pp. 565-574
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Populus tremula; hybrids; Populus alba; leaves; photosynthesis; net assimilation rate; light; carbon dioxide; pressure; oxidants; herbicides; hydrogen peroxide; glutathione; ascorbic acid; gene transfer; genetic transformation; Arabidopsis thaliana; chloroplasts; iron; superoxide dismutase; peroxidase; glutathione reductase (NADPH); oxidoreductases; enzyme activity; transgenic plants; gene expression; chemical constituents of plants; stress response; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Chloroplast-targeted overexpression of an Fe superoxide dismutase (SOD) from Arabidopsis thaliana resulted in substantially increased foliar SOD activities. Ascorbate peroxidase, glutathione reductase, and monodehydroascorbate reductase activities were similar in the leaves from all of the lines, but dehydroascorbate reductase activity was increased in the leaves of the FeSOD transformants relativ ...
- PubMed Central:
- Jimenez, A.; Hernandez, J.A.; Pastori, G.; Rio, L.A. del.; Sevilla, F.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.118 no.4 pp. 1327-1335
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Pisum sativum; leaves; senescence; mitochondria; peroxisomes; hydrogen peroxide; metabolism; metabolites; purification methods; ascorbic acid; glutathione; superoxide dismutase; oxidoreductases; enzyme activity; antioxidants; free radicals; glutathione-disulfide reductase; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... We investigated the relationship between H2O2 metabolism and the senescence process using soluble fractions, mitochondria, and peroxisomes from senescent pea (Pisum sativum L.) leaves. After 11 d of senescence the activities of Mn-superoxide dismutase, dehydroascorbate reductase (DHAR), and glutathione reductase (GR) present in the matrix, and ascorbate peroxidase (APX) and monodehydroascorbate re ...