Jump to Main Content
- Rappenglück, Bernhard; Fabian, Peter
- Environmental science and pollution research international 1998 v.5 no.2 pp. 65-70
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene), etc ; chemistry; gas chromatography; pollutants; urban areas; Germany; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... During October 1993 rapid in-siru quasi-continuous GC/FID measurements of aromatic compounds (BTEX) were carried out at two urban sites in Munich/Germany. A cycle time of 10 min allowed determination of shorttime BTEX emission variations and their impact on selected BTEX ratios. The ethylbenzene/ Σm/p-xylene ratio showed the smallest variations even in case of rapid changes in the BTEX-mixture. It ...
- Sousa, S.; Duffy, C.; Weitz, H.; Glover, L.A.; Bar, E.; Henkler, R.; Killham, K.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1998 v.17 no.6 pp. 1039-1045
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); ethylbenzene, etc ; benzene; bioluminescence; bioremediation; biosensors; chemical analysis; gas chromatography; groundwater; heavy metals; mass spectrometry; organic matter; pH; sediments; toluene; toxicity; volatile organic compounds; xylene; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Sediment and groundwater samples obtained from a benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylene (BTEX)-contaminated site were screened, using a bioluminescence-based (lux gene-marked) bacterial biosensor, to identify constraints to site remediation. Through a series of sample manipulations and linked biosensor responses, constraints to BTEX remediation such as adverse pH, presence of nonvolatile organ ...
- Yerushalmi, L.; Guiot, S.R.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 1998 v.49 no.4 pp. 475-481
- ethylbenzene, etc ; benzene; biodegradation; byproducts; enrichment culture; gasoline; mineralization; models; soil; toluene; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Aerobic biodegradation of gasoline and its constituents, benzene, toluene and ethylbenzene were studied by an enrichment from soil indigenous microbial population. The enrichment culture completely degraded 16.1-660 mg/l gasoline in 2.5-16 days respectively, without accumulation of any by-products. The kinetics of gasoline as well as benzene, toluene and ethylbenzene biodegradation was investigate ...