Jump to Main Content
- Koopmann, E.; Hahlbrock, K.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1997 v.94 no.26 pp. 14954-14959
- Petroselinum crispum; complementary DNA; cytochrome P-450; oxygenases; nucleotide sequences; amino acid sequences; gene expression; messenger RNA; cultured cells; ultraviolet radiation; Phytophthora; enzyme activity; oligopeptides; cell wall components; fungal diseases of plants; Phytophthora sojae
- ... Two NADPH:cytochrome P450 oxidoreductases (CPRs) from parsley (Petroselinum crispum) were cloned, and the complete proteins were expressed and functionally identified in yeast. The two enzymes, designated CPR1 and CPR2, are 80% identical in amino acid sequence with one another and about 75% identical with CPRs from several other plant species. The mRNA accumulation patterns for CPR1 and CPR2 in fu ...
- Lemaitre, B.; Reichhart, J.M.; Hoffmann, J.A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1997 v.94 no.26 pp. 14614-14619
- bacteria; Drosophila melanogaster; mycoses; entomopathogenic fungi; defense mechanisms; gene expression; messenger RNA; animal proteins; reporter genes; beta-galactosidase
- ... Insects respond to microbial infection by the rapid and transient expression of several genes encoding potent antimicrobial peptides. Herein we demonstrate that this antimicrobial response of Drosophila is not aspecific but can discriminate between various classes of microorganisms. We first observe that the genes encoding antibacterial and antifungal peptides are differentially expressed after in ...