Jump to Main Content
- Sommer-Knudsen, J.; Clarke, A.E.; Bacic, A.
- Sexual plant reproduction 1997 v.10 no.5 pp. 253-260
- Helianthus annuus; Oryza sativa; Solanum tuberosum; hydroxyproline; genes; Brassica napus; extensin; proline; clones; gene expression; Nicotiana tabacum; protein composition; Arabidopsis thaliana; Zea mays; genetic code; Nicotiana alata; flowers; sexual reproduction; binding sites; Antirrhinum
- Marie Mannerlöf; Paul Tenning
- Plant molecular biology reporter 1997 v.15 no.1 pp. 38-45
- genetic transformation; Zea mays; Helianthus annuus; Petunia hybrida; Capsicum annuum; Cucumis melo; Lactuca sativa; shoots; Solanum tuberosum; transgenic plants; polymerase chain reaction; rapid methods; Cucurbita pepo; Nicotiana tabacum; Brassica napus; Beta vulgaris; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum
- ... A protocol is described, for the rapid screening of a large number of putative transgenic shoots. Genomic DNA is isolated and screened by PCR. To validate the purity of the DNA, PCR amplification is done with primers homologous to an endogenous gene. Multiplex PCR is used to screen for the transgenic shoots with two sets of primers, one set against the endogenous gene (internal control) and the ot ...
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...