Jump to Main Content
- Bohland, C.; Balkenhohl, T.; Loers, G.; Feussner, I.; Grambow, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 679-685
- protein synthesis; dose response; chitosan; seedlings; jasmonic acid; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; oligosaccharides; chitin; enzyme activity; isozymes; protein composition
- ... A glycopeptide elicitor prepared from germ tubes of the rust fungus Puccinia graminis Pers. f. sp. tritici Erikss. & Henn (Pgt),as well as chitin oligosaccharides, chitosan, and methyl jasmonate (MJ) stimulated lipoxygenase (LOX) activity (E.C. 220.127.116.11) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) leaves. Immunoblot analysis using anti-LOX antibodies revealed the induction of 92- and 103-kD LOX species after P ...
- Hiroshi Inui; Yasuhiro Yamaguchi; Shigehiro Hirano
- Bioscience, biotechnology, and biochemistry 1997 v.61 no.6 pp. 975-978
- biotechnology; chitin; chitinase; chitosan; dose response; elicitors; oligosaccharides; phenylalanine; rice
- ... When a series of chitin oligosaccharides was added into a rice suspension culture, N-acetylchito- hexaose, N-acetylchitopentaose, and N-acetylchitotetraose caused an increase in extracellular chitinase activity, mainly due to induction of a class III chitinase. In the case of N-acetylchitohexaose, a substantial increase in the chitinase activity was observed at a concentration higher than 0.01 μg/ ...