Jump to Main Content
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...
- Taipalensuu, J.; Andreasson, E.; Eriksson, S.; Rask, L.
- European journal of biochemistry 1997 v.247 no.3 pp. 963-971
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Arabidopsis thaliana; Brassica napus; abscisic acid; clones; complementary DNA; ethylene; glucosinolates; hydrolysis; in situ hybridization; jasmonic acid; leaves; methyl jasmonate; salicylic acid; thioglucosidase
- ... Two slightly differing cDNA clones corresponding to the wound-inducible form of a previously characterized seed myrosinase-associated protein (MyAP) have been isolated from Brassica napus L. The transcripts corresponding to the induced MyAP (iMyAP) were found to be developmentally regulated in various vegetative organs. Both young and old leaves exhibited wound-inducible iMyAP expression. Furtherm ...