Jump to Main Content
- Varo, P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of food science 1996 v.61 no.3 pp. 524-526
- liver; folic acid; nutrient content; kidneys as food; high performance liquid chromatography
- ... Our objective was to produce reliable data on the contents of folate vitamers in pig, beef and chicken liver, beef kidney and some liver products. Folate contents were determined in monoglutamate form, using reversed-phase HPLC. Pig and beef livers contained 730-1470 micrograms folates in 100g, tetrahydrofolate being the most abundant form detected. Frozen chicken liver also contained about 1000 m ...
- Varo, P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1996 v.44 no.2 pp. 477-482
- food analysis; folic acid; glutamates; microwave treatment; extraction; detection; quantitative analysis
- ... A reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographic method with fluorescence and ultraviolet detection was used to evaluate the different steps in folate analysis to detect and quantify the most abundant folate forms naturally present in foods. Rapid heat extraction by microwave heating and an enzymatic deconjugation with hog kidney conjugase and chicken pancreas is presented. The extracts we ...