Jump to Main Content
- Phoofolo, M.W.; Obrycki, J.J.
- Environmental entomology 1995 v.24 no.3 pp. 581-587
- Coccinella septempunctata; life tables; oviposition; geographical variation; predators; population; life cycle (organisms); Central European region; Iowa; France; Delaware
- ... Life-history characteristics of four populations of Coccinella septempunctata L. were quantified and compared at 26 degrees C and 18:6 (L:D) h on a diet of pea aphids, Acyrthosiphon pisum (Harris). Populations were from two locations in the United States (Iowa and Delaware) and two locations in Eurasia (France and Ukraine/Moldavia/Crimea). Large intrapopulation variation was observed in preoviposi ...
- Hoard, M.W.; Weiss, M.J.
- Environmental entomology 1995 v.24 no.3 pp. 564-570
- reproduction; ecotypes; geographical variation; heat sums; diapause; population; biological development; life cycle (organisms); Ostrinia nubilalis; North Dakota
- ... The postdiapause developmental rates of the European corn borer, Ostrinia nubilalis (Hubner), were investigated using collections of larvae from several selected sites in North Dakota from 1990 to 1992. Significant differences in days to pupation for postdiapausing larvae were found between different geographic locations, and between bivoltine and univoltine populations of the European corn borer ...