Jump to Main Content
- Tillman, P.G.; Laster, M.L.
- Environmental entomology 1995 v.24 no.2 pp. 409-411
- Heliothis subflexa, etc ; Heliothis virescens; parasitism; Microplitis croceipes; parasitoids; sterile insect technique; biological control; longevity; fecundity; biological development; backcrossing; insect development; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Ovipositional acceptance tests with Microplitis croceipes (Cresson) were conducted in the laboratory using Heliothis virescens (F.) and the H. virescens-H. subflexa back cross. No differences in parasitism rates of the two host types were observed in petri dish bioassays. A similar lack of difference in parasitization of H. virescens and H. virescens-H. subflexa larvae was observed in field studie ...
- Teal, P.E.A.; Oostendorp, A.
- Journal of chemical ecology 1995 v.21 no.1 pp. 59
- Heliothis subflexa, etc ; Heliothis virescens; hybrids; interspecific hybridization; backcrossing; sex pheromones; biological production; genes; phenotype; animal glands; males; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Pheromone produced by the hairpencil glands of interspecific hybrid- and backcross-generation males from crosses between Heliothis virescens (F.) with H. subflexa (Gn.) was studied. Males of reciprocal F1 hybrids, all of which had hairpencil glands morphologically similar to those of H. virescens, produced neither the same pheromone blend nor amounts of pheromone that were produced by males of H. ...