Jump to Main Content
- Framstad, Tore, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Laboratory animals 1995 v.29 no.3 pp. 282-285
- piglets; anesthesia; monitoring; animal transport; surgical equipment
- ... A transport and monitoring unit for fully anaesthetized piglets (weight 20-30 kg) was made. The unit provided easy transport for short or longer distances while at the same time making continuous monitoring of invasive blood pressure (IBP), temperature and HR possible. The animals stayed in the unit for the duration of the experiments which required that the anaesthetized animal be kept in exactly ...
- Framstad, Tore, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Laboratory animals 1995 v.29 no.3 pp. 269-275
- swine; thiopental; fentanyl; benzodiazepines; anesthesia; analgesics; intravenous injection; heart rate; body temperature; blood gases
- ... Induction of anaesthesia in swine by thiopentone (27.1-35.7 mg/kg, mean 29.9 mg/kg) was followed by bolus doses and continuous infusion of midazolam and fentanyl (0.90 mg/kg followed by 0.90 mg/kg/h and 0.025 mg/kg followed by 0.025 mg/kg/h, respectively). This produced good anaesthesia and analgesia for up to 2 h in 6 Norwegian Landrace pigs (wt: 17-42 kg), based on responses to painful stimuli e ...