Jump to Main Content
- Y Chen; Y Wang; H Cao; Z Pang; G Yang
- Animal genetics 1994 v.25 no.S1 pp. 89-90
- blood; cattle; cattle breeds; color; genes; China; Indonesia
- ... The gene for black‐ear coat colour pattern, commonly found among cattle of tropical origin, was observed in 809 animals of four breeds of local cattle in southern China. Gene frequencies for Tf, Hb and Alb demonstrated that these groups of cattle were quite divergent from Bos taurus. These breeds of cattle are thought to be descended from ancient Chinese cattle. At the same time certain influences ...
- I Medjugorac; W Kustermann; P Lazar; I Russ; F Pirchner
- Animal genetics 1994 v.25 no.S1 pp. 19-27
- blood; cattle; cattle breeds; genes; genetic distance; genetic relationships; humans; loci; milk proteins; phylogeny; Balkans; Europe; Middle East
- ... Using frequencies of 86 genes from 23 loci of blood group systems, blood and milk proteins, the genetic relationships among 14 cattle breeds including four native Balkan and four synthetic Balkan‐Alp breeds were studied. The dendrogram and nonlinear map construction shows a consensus ‘Balkan breed cluster’, an ‘Alp breed cluster’, an unstable position of synthetic breeds and well‐separated America ...