Jump to Main Content
- Spooner, D.M.; Clausen, A.M.
- Potato research 1993 v.36 no.1 pp. 3
- Solanum; potatoes; wild relatives; plant genetic resources; germplasm; germplasm conservation; scientific expeditions; Argentina
- ... A joint Argentina/United States expedition collected wild potato (Solanum sect.Petota) germplasm in Argentina between February 4-28 and March 28-April 18, 1990. This was followed by a short expedition between February 27 and March 3, 1991. Collections were made in the Andes Mountains from southern Tucumán Province (27°20'S), south to southern Rio Negro Province (40°52'S) and comprised 88 lots of ...
- Kraszewski, A.W.; Nelson, S.O.
- Transactions of the ASAE 1993 v.36 no.1 pp. 127
- water content; peanuts; seeds; measurement; methodology; mathematical models
- ... Principles for determining moisture content and mass of individual peanut kernels by microwave resonator measurements are discussed, and data are presented showing the application of these principles. By measuring the shift in the resonant frequency and the change in the cavity transmission characteristics when a peanut is inserted into the cavity, it is possible to obtain the moisture content of ...