Jump to Main Content
- Bertin, R.I.; Newman, C.M.
- Botanical review 1993 v.59 no.2 pp. 112-152
- anthers; ovules; phylogeny; geographical distribution; sexual reproduction; plant morphology; pollination; phenology; Magnoliophyta
- Jenkins, R.
- Botanical review 1993 v.59 no.2 pp. 81-111
- Fagaceae; evolution; paleobotany; old and fossil wood; geographical distribution; taxonomy; plant morphology; ontogeny
- Weimer, P.J.; Hatfield, R.D.; Buxton, D.R.
- Applied and environmental microbiology 1993 v.59 no.2 pp. 405
- rumen fermentation; Astragalus cicer; plant extracts; rumen microorganisms; Ruminococcus; Gram-negative bacteria; rumen bacteria; in vitro digestibility; alfalfa; Medicago sativa; Ruminococcus flavefaciens; Fibrobacter succinogenes
- ... Cicer milkvetch (Astragalus cicer L.) is a perennial legume used as a pasture or rangeland plant for ruminants. A study was undertaken to determine whether reported variations in its ruminal digestibility may be related to the presence of an antinutritive material. In vitro fermentation of neutral detergent fiber (NDF) of cicer milkvetch by mixed rumen microflora was poorer than was the fermentati ...
- PubMed Central: