Jump to Main Content
- Dorschner, K.W.; Kenny, S.T.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1992 v.65 no.1 pp. 49-55
- Humulus lupulus, etc ; Phorodon humuli; artificial diets; bioassays; honeydew; host plants; ingestion; phagostimulants; searching behavior; sucrose; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Several aphid honeydews were incorporated into sucrose solutions and presented to hop aphids, Phorodon humuli (Schrank), as artificial diets in free-choice bioassays. Small additions of honeydew collected from two species of aphid feeding on hop, Humulus lupulus L., arrested the searching behavior of the hop aphid and appeared to stimulate prolonged periods of ingestion. This effect was more depen ...
- Blom, T.J.M.; Kreis, W.; Iren, F. van.; Libbenga, K.R.
- Plant cell reports 1992 v.11 no.3 pp. 146-149
- Humulus lupulus, etc ; Cinchona; Catharanthus roseus; Digitalis lanata; cell suspension culture; cell culture; methodology; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... A simple apparatus was designed to allow sedimentation of plant cells grown in batch suspensions in Erlenmeyer flasks. After sedimentation the height of the cell mass along the glass wall was measured with a ruler fixed in the apparatus. The cell volume after sedimentation, calculated from this height, appeared highly correlated with the fresh weight of cells. This result was found with eight cell ...