Jump to Main Content
- Roberts, A.W.; Haigler, C.H.
- Planta 1992 v.186 no.4 pp. 586-592
- tracheids, etc ; Zinnia; cell suspension culture; mesophyll; cell differentiation; theophylline; caffeine; cyclic AMP; calcium; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Tracheary-element (TE) differentiation in suspension-cultured mesophyll cells of Zinnia elegans L. was completely inhibited by caffeine and theophylline only when these methylxanthines were applied at least 8 h prior to the appearance of secondary cell-wall thickenings. In contrast, the calcium-channel blocker nifedipine completely inhibited TE differentiation when applied only 2-3 h prior to the ...
- Wilson, J.W.; Wilson, P.M.W.; Walker, E.S.; Hall, P.J.
- Annals of botany 1992 v.69 no.2 pp. 135-144
- tracheids, etc ; Lactuca sativa; pith; cell differentiation; phenylalanine; alanine; plant anatomy; explants; glycine (amino acid); indole acetic acid; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Each of four amino acid conjugates of IAA was able to replace the IAA requirement for xylogenesis in lettuce pith explants, when supplied at concentrations ten to 100 times those optimal for IAA. Tracheary development induced by these conjugates tended to be slightly slower and less in amount than with IAA, and the tracheary strands shorter and less regular. Responses differed somewhat among the f ...