Jump to Main Content
- Rajasekhar, V.K.; Sun, E.; Meeker, R.; Wu, B.W.; Tewari, K.K.
- European journal of biochemistry 1991 v.195 no.1 pp. 215-228
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; Pisum sativum; chloroplasts; polypeptides; ribosomal RNA; messenger RNA; enzyme activity; phytotoxins; enzyme inhibitors; purification; promoter regions; transcription (genetics); chloroplast DNA; genomics; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Pea chloroplast RNA polymerase has been obtained with about 2000-fold purification using DEAE-cellulose and phosphocellulose chromatography. The purified enzyme contained ten prominent polypeptides of 150, 130, 115, 110, 95, 85, 75, 48, 44 and 39 kDa and four other minor polypeptides of 90, 34, 32 and 27 kDa. Purification of this enzyme using chloroplast 16S rDNA promoter affinity column chromatog ...
- Schrubar, H.; Wanner, G.; Westhoff, P.
- Planta 1991 v.183 no.1 pp. 101-111
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; Avena sativa; Sorghum bicolor; Sorghum bicolor subsp. drummondii; plant development; seedlings; gene expression; light; plant proteins; plastids; thylakoids; oxidoreductases; protochlorophyllides; photosystem II; etioplasts; messenger RNA; transcription (genetics); etiolation; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The greening of 5-d-old etiolated Sorghum seedlings was used to investigate regulatory mechanisms of plastid gene expression. Sorghum was selected for this study because leaves of etiolated seedlings do not expand in the dark and are kept within the coleoptile, thus leaf development is inhibited during etiolation. Only traces of thylakoid-membrane polypeptides and plastid transcripts could be dete ...