Jump to Main Content
- Karlen, D. L.; Gooden, D. T.
- Journal of production agriculture 1990 v.3 no.4 pp. 558
- Triticum aestivum; cultivars; crop management; intensive cropping; sandy loam soils; sandy soils; nitrogen fertilizers; fungicides; plant growth substances; crop yield; costs and returns; application rate; Southeastern United States
- ... Wheat (L.) is becoming a more important crop in the southeastern Coastal Plain because it can provide increased midyear cash flow, but at current average yield levels of 35 bu/acre, monocrop wheat shows a net loss of $24 to $59/acre. Six field studies were conducted between 1984 and 1988 on either Dothan sandy loam (fine-loamy, siliceous, thermic Plinthic Paleudult) or Marlboro loamy sand (clayey, ...
- Nielsen, Forrest H.; Milne, David B.; Mullen, Loanne M.; Gallagher, Sandra K.
- Journal of trace elements in experimental medicine 1990 v.3 no.4 pp. 281
- dietary protein; sulfur amino acids; genotype; men; nutrient deficiencies; copper; dietary minerals; cysteine; methionine; young adults; metabolic studies; high protein diet; nutrition-genotype interaction; eating habits; environmental exposure; cholesterol metabolism; antioxidant activity; free radicals; physiological response; low density lipoprotein; superoxide dismutase; cytochrome-c oxidase; glutathione; nutrition risk assessment
- ... An experiment was performed to ascertain whether factors other than dietary copper, specifically the sulfur amino acids cystine and methionine, affect the extent and nature of copper deprivation signs. Ten men aged 19 to 39 years were housed in a metabolic unit and fed high methionine (2.4 g/2,500 kcal) diet that supplied 0.6 mg Cu and 0.7 g cystine/2,500 kcal. After an equilibration period of 15 ...