Jump to Main Content
- Flynn, P.A.; Davis, E.A.; Ackerman, S.
- Plant molecular biology 1987 v.9 no.2 pp. 159-169
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; Triticum aestivum; DNA-binding proteins; embryo (plant); plant extracts; gene expression; purification; inhibitors; transcription (genetics); Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Crude wheat germ nuclear extracts contain many inhibitors of transcription which need to be removed before an active system can be developed. Using ion exchange column chromatography, to resolve RNA polymerase II transcription components we can identify at least four fractions required for transcription by their ability to interact with, or substitute for, particular HeLa fractions. Inhibitors can ...
- Ackerman, S.; Flynn, P.A.; Davis, E.A.
- Plant molecular biology 1987 v.9 no.2 pp. 147-158
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; Triticum aestivum; plant proteins; DNA-binding proteins; purification; embryo (plant); plant extracts; transcription (genetics); Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Crude plant cell protein extracts prepared from wheat germ are inactive for in vitro transcription by RNA polymerase II. These extracts do, however, have correct initiation of transcription by RNA polymerase II. Initiation is monitored by measuring the formation of transcription complexes in vitro. A nuclear extract produces more initiation events than a whole cell extract or a cytosol extract. So ...