Jump to Main Content
- Saks, Y.; Aloni, R.
- Annals of botany 1985 v.56 no.6 pp. 771-778
- tracheids, etc ; Pinus pinea; seedlings; xylem; plant development; auxins; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... The differentiation of primary and secondary tracheids was studied quantitatively in the hypocotyl of Pinus pinea L. seedlings. The number of primary and secondary tracheids decreases and their radial diameter increases from cotyledons to roots. Rapid differentiation immediately beneath the cotyledons results in narrow tracheids, while slow development at the root end yields wide tracheids. The me ...
- WARMBRODT, ROBERT D.; ESCHRICH, WALTER
- The new phytologist 1985 v.100 no.3 pp. 403-418
- tracheids, etc ; Pinus sylvestris; Suillus variegatus; apical meristems; ectomycorrhizae; electron microscopy; endodermis; parenchyma; sieve elements; transpiration; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The structure and development of the endodermis and vascular cylinder of ectomycorrhizas of Pinus sylvestris L. formed in vitro with the basidiomycete Suillus variegatus (Sw. ex Fr.) O. Kuntze were studied by light and electron microscopy. With the exception of the sieve elements, the cells of the vascular cylinder and endodermis differentiate relatively close to the apical meristem of the slow gr ...