Jump to Main Content
- Lemon, Edgar; Van Houtte, Raymond
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 876-883
- Elymus repens subsp. repens; Glycine max; Medicago sativa; absorption; agronomy; air; alfalfa; ammonia; biosphere; computer simulation; nitrogen fixation; soil; vegetation; wind
- ... Studies of NH₃ exchange between plant leaves and air have mostly been made in controlled chambers where the concentrations were far above the ambient atmospheric levels usually found in nature. Under such conditions leaves act as an infinite sink for NH₃. More recent controlled chamber studies, however, have shown NH₃ evolving from leaves when concentrations were nearer to those of the atmosphere. ...
- Mueller-Warrant, G. W.; Koch, D. W.
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 884-889
- Elymus repens subsp. repens; Haplorthods; Medicago sativa; alfalfa; application timing; discing; energy; forage; forage yield; glyphosate; labor; minimum tillage; mowing; paraquat; pesticide application; plant density; plowing; sandy loam soils; seedlings; sowing; sward
- ... Minimum-tillage establishment of forages offers potential advantages over the conventional method in terms of reducing energy and labor requirements, erosion hazard, and improving flexibility, and timeliness of operation. Our objective was to compare these methods of establishing alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) with various herbicides, time intervals between herbicide application and seeding, and see ...