Jump to Main Content
- Langlois, B. E.; Sanghirum, Chamras
- Journal of food protection 1977 v.40 no.4 pp. 222-227
- agar; bacteria; manufacturing; milk; peptones; phosphates; plate count; raw milk; temperature
- ... Recovery of microorganisms from manufacturing grade and Grade A raw milk was determined using 18 plating combinations which consisted of three media, three diluents, and two incubation temperatures. Plating conditions specified in Standard Methods for doing the Standard Plate Count was one of the 18 combinations used. Combinations studied consisted of Standard Methods Agar, Schaedler Agar, and Eug ...
- Cobb, Bryant F. III; Yeh, Chiaping S.; Christopher, Frank; Vanderzant, Carl
- Journal of food protection 1977 v.40 no.4 pp. 256-260
- Litopenaeus setiferus; bacteria; color; enzyme activity; free amino acids; nitrogen; off odors; pH; pigmentation; plate count; shrimp; storage temperature; urea
- ... White shrimp (Penaeus setiferus) were held at 0, 10, 20, 30, 37, and 44 C for 3, 6, and 24 h. Serious quality deterioration, as evidenced by off-color development (red and orange pigmentation) and off-odor development, was beginning to occur in shrimp held for 3 h at 30, 37, and 44 C, for 6 h at 20 C and for 24 h at 10 C. Red color development was evident in shrimp held at 30 and 37 C, orange colo ...