Jump to Main Content
- Rhodes, R.A.; Hrubant, G.R.
- Applied microbiology 1972 v.24 no.3 pp. 369
- feedlots; agricultural wastes; cattle manure; runoff; microorganisms; aerobes; quantitative analysis; microbial ecology; microbial growth; seasonal variation
- ... A quantitative determination was made every 2 months for a year of the microflora of beef cattle waste and runoff at a medium-sized midwestern feedlot. Counts were obtained for selected groups of organisms in waste taken from paved areas of pens cleaned daily and, therefore, reflect the flora of raw waste. Overall, in terms of viable count per gram dry weight, the feedlot waste contained 10 total ...
- Mark, A.M.; Mehltretter, C.L.
- Starke 1972 v.24 no.3 pp. 73
- corn; amylose; corn starch; potato starch; acetates; acetylation; viscosity
- ... Commercial high-amylose corn, ordinary corn and potato starches were fully acetylated by reacting the starches at 123°C for 5 h in fourfold quantities of acetic anhydride to which 11 % (w/w starch) of sodium hydroxide catalyst had been added as 50 % aqueous solution. Intrinsic viscosities of the starches regenerated from their esters were slightly lower than the values for the corresponding unreac ...