Jump to Main Content
- Loeb, L.; Giuffria, R.; Cochran, S.D.; Shuck, R.O.
- Textile research journal 1964 v.34 no.7 pp. 611-616
- absorption; agitation; cellulosic fibers; color; colorimetry; cotton; cotton fabric; dyeing; dyes; papermaking; staining; textile fibers
- ... A method is described for quantitatively assessing the low-level wear or damage that may be sustamed by cotton fabries during mechanical agitation in the wet state. The method involyes dyeing of the damaged and control fabries in a two-component dye hath with preferential absorption of one dye by the mechanically damaged fibers. The key to the quantitative use of this technique lies in the careful ...
- Hall, Pauline P.
- Textile research journal 1964 v.34 no.7 pp. 617-627
- absorbents; absorption; clothing; fabrics; synthetic fibers; textile fibers
- ... The leakage of water through seams has long been studied by the Army in its quest for rainproof clothing and equipage. While many researchers have reported theories of liquid migration on and through textile assemblies, this study is the first known attempt to test seams for penetration by liquid chemicals and to develop a seam type that will help to resist this penetration, important steps in the ...