Jump to Main Content
- Magaji G. Usman; Mohd Y. Rafii; Oladosu Yusuff; Mohammad Y. Martini; Mohd R. Ismail; Raihana Ridzuan
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2020 v.70 no.3 pp. 252-264
- agronomic traits; backcrossing; flowering; fruit yield; fruits; genes; genotype; heat tolerance; microsatellite repeats; parents; phenotype; plant height; temperature; Malaysia
- ... Domestic production of chilli in Malaysia is insufficient which accounted for 52% self-sufficiency level. Poor performance of local varieties under high temperatures above 42°C is one of the major factors affecting chilli production. This study was conducted with the objective of introgress heat-tolerant gene (Hsps) from AVPP0702 donor into Kulai using marker-assisted backcrossing. A total of 68 S ...
- M. Moniruzzaman; Nurina Anuar; Zahira Yaakob; A. K. M. Aminul Islam; J. M. Al-Khayri
- Horticulture, environment and biotechnology 2020 v.61 no.5 pp. 795-806
- Ficus carica; cultivars; farming systems; figs; fruit growing; fruit quality; fruit yield; fruits; genetic variation; orchards; pests; subtropics; tropics; Malaysia; Mediterranean region
- ... Common fig (Ficus carica L.), an economically-important fruit species widely cultivated in the Mediterranean Basin, is gaining increasing interest in the tropical and subtropical regions. A vast genetic diversity of common fig is available; however, systematic studies of cultivar performance in a particular new environment are scarce. The objective of this study was to evaluate the performance of ...