Jump to Main Content
- A. Franzblau; A.H. Demond; S.K. Sayler; H. D'Arcy; R.L. Neitzel
- Science of the total environment 2020 v.714 pp. 136580
- asbestos; insulating materials; residential housing; vermiculite
- ... The efforts of many municipalities to demolish abandoned residential dwellings (ARDs) are hampered by the presence of asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) in these structures. However, the extent of such materials is unknown. Our study sought to characterize ACMs present in ARDs demolished in Detroit.Working with the City of Detroit, we obtained information on all ARDs demolished from 2014 to 2017 ...
- PubMed Central:
- Dong Liu; Jiapeng Li; Ping Zhang; Jia Shen; Lin Chen; Tao Wu; Mao Chen; Yeping Wu; Xiuli Zhao
- Journal of materials science 2020 v.55 no.30 pp. 14798-14806
- anisotropy; boron nitride; camouflage; cooling; epoxides; equipment; heat transfer; insulating materials; mathematical models; onions; temperature; vermiculite
- ... Controlling thermal anisotropy structure is important for emerging heat management applications such as thermal shield, thermal camouflage, and heat concentration. In this work, alternating stack epoxy composites (AECs) are prepared, inspired by the multilayer structure of an onion. Hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN) and expanded vermiculite (E-ver) are used as fillers in epoxy resin (Epon), taking as ...