Jump to Main Content
- Jingjiao Ma; Ye Tian; Min Zhang; Weili Wang; Yujie Li; Fulin Tian; Yuqiang Cheng; Yaxian Yan; Jianhe Sun
- Transboundary and emerging diseases 2019 v.66 no.5 pp. 1827-1833
- Beak and feather disease virus; beak; bird diseases; breeding; budgerigars; emerging diseases; feces; genes; genotype; monitoring; phylogeny; China
- ... Psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) is a common disease in psittacine bird that caused by beak and feather disease virus (BFDV). BFDV is widely spread and threatening psittacine birds worldwide. However, the BFDV infection in China remains largely unknown. In this study, a surveillance study of BFDV was conducted in three budgerigar breeding facilities, which showed that 66.6% of collected ...
- Gisela González-Hein; Isabel Aguirre Gil; Rodolfo Sanchez; Bernardo Huaracan
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 141-149
- Aves polyomavirus 1; Beak and feather disease virus; beak; bird diseases; birds; feathers; genes; genetic variation; hosts; polymerase chain reaction; Chile
- ... Avian polyomavirus disease and psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) are both contagious viral diseases in psittacine birds with similar clinical manifestations and characterized by abnormal feathers. To determine the prevalence of Aves polyomavirus 1 (APyV) and beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) in captive, exotic psittacine birds in Chile, feathers from 250 psittacine birds, representing ...