Jump to Main Content
- María P. Casas; Enma Conde; Herminia Domínguez; Andrés Moure
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...
- Milena Álvarez-Viñas; Noelia Flórez-Fernández; María Jesús González-Muñoz; Herminia Domínguez
- Algal research 2019 v.38 pp. 101393
- Sargassum muticum; algae; antioxidant activity; autohydrolysis; cell fractionation; cytotoxicity; fractionation; fucoidan; hot water treatment; hydrolysates; liquids; median effective concentration; molecular weight; oligosaccharides; sulfates; uterine cervical neoplasms
- ... The crude fucoidan extracted during hydrothermal treatment of Sargassum muticum was fractionated in a sequence of membranes (100 to 5 kDa) operating at a volume concentration ratio (VCR) of 5. The retentates and final permeate were further characterised for molecular weight, oligosaccharide content, sulfate and phenolic content, as well as for radical scavenging properties, expressed as Trolox equ ...