Jump to Main Content
- María P. Casas; Enma Conde; Herminia Domínguez; Andrés Moure
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...
- Chai-Hyeon Lee; Ye-Na Park; Hyeung-Rak Kim; Sang Gil Lee; Bohkyung Kim
- Current developments in nutrition 2019 v.3 no.Supplement_1 pp. -
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Ishige; Petalonia; Petrospongium; Sargassum fusiforme; Sargassum muticum; Scytosiphon; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; bioactive compounds; biodiversity; coasts; ethanol; fascia; functional foods; ingredients; macroalgae; magnesium; methanol; superoxide anion; Korean Peninsula
- ... It has been a long time since seaweeds have been used for food ingredients in Asian countries. Recently, a body of research has revealed the health benefits of bioactive compounds in seaweeds, especially their antioxidant capacities. Although numerous seaweeds inhabit in the ocean, only a small percentage has been explored for functional food. Therefore, the purpose of this study was to analyze th ...