Jump to Main Content
- María P. Casas; Enma Conde; Herminia Domínguez; Andrés Moure
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...
- Wissam Zam
- Journal of food quality 2019 v.2019 pp. -
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Olea europaea; Prunus avium; alginates; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; chitosan; edible coatings; edible films; fruits; leaf extracts; olives; ripening; shelf life; storage time; transpiration
- ... Edible film coatings are widely used as a protective barrier for the reduction of transpiration and respiration, therefore reducing the ripening process in fruits and vegetables and improving their quality. The influence of chitosan 1% and alginate 3% enriched with olive leaves extract (OLE) on the quality of sweet cherries was studied. Overall, the ripening process and the increase in anthocyanin ...