Jump to Main Content
- Ping Yang; Coraline Praz; Beibei Li; Jyoti Singla; Christelle A. M. Robert; Bettina Kessel; Daniela Scheuermann; Linda Lüthi; Milena Ouzunova; Matthias Erb; Simon G. Krattinger; Beat Keller
- new phytologist 2019 v.221 no.2 pp. 976-987
- Exserohilum; benzoxazinoids; biosynthesis; corn; crops; disease resistance; fungi; genes; leaf blight; mutants; pathogens; phosphates; phosphotransferases (kinases); plasma membrane; secondary metabolites; tissues; transcriptomics
- ... Wall‐associated kinases (WAKs) have recently been identified as major components of fungal and bacterial disease resistance in several cereal crop species. However, the molecular mechanisms of WAK‐mediated resistance remain largely unknown. Here, we investigated the function of the maize gene ZmWAK‐RLK1 (Htn1) that confers quantitative resistance to northern corn leaf blight (NCLB) caused by the h ...
- Lei Gao; Guojing Shen; Lingdan Zhang; Jinfeng Qi; Cuiping Zhang; Canrong Ma; Jing Li; Lei Wang; Saif Ul Malook; Jianqiang Wu
- Plant methods 2019 v.15 no.1 pp. 144
- Zea mays; benzoxazinoids; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; corn; etiolation; gene overexpression; genes; herbivores; high performance liquid chromatography; insects; mass spectrometry; mesophyll; microRNA; mutants; protoplasts; rapid methods; screening; secondary metabolites; seedlings; transfection
- ... BACKGROUND: Insect herbivory poses a major threat to maize. Benzoxazinoids are important anti-insect secondary metabolites in maize, whose biosynthetic pathway has been extensively studied. However, yet little is known about how benzoxazinoids are regulated in maize, partly due to lack of mutant resources and recalcitrance to genetic transformation. Transient systems based on mesophyll- or culture ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zunkang Zhao; Xiaofeng Gao; Ye Ke; Minmin Chang; Lu Xie; Xiaofeng Li; Minghua Gu; Jiping Liu; Xinlian Tang
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 273-289
- aluminum; benzoxazinoids; biosynthesis; chelation; corn; cultivars; exudation; hydroxamic acids; root growth; root tips; salicylic acid
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Although aluminum (Al) exclusion via root exudation of organic matters is a common resistance mechanism adopted by many plant species, whether root exudation of benzoxazinoids, such as hydroxamic acids (HAs), confers Al resistance remains unclear. METHODS: We performed physiological characterization for an Al-resistant maize cultivar TY and a sensitive maize cultivar ZD. RESUL ...