Jump to Main Content
- Ebru Demirel Sezer; Latife Merve Oktay; Elif Karadadaş; Hikmet Memmedov; Nur Selvi Gunel; Eser Sözmen
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.11 pp. 1118-1126
- 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; Vaccinium myrtillus; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; blueberries; cytotoxicity; diet; flow cytometry; fruit extracts; kaempferol; liquid chromatography; neoplasms; oxidants; oxidative stress; polyphenols; protein composition; protein microarrays; proteins; quercetin; tandem mass spectrometry; therapeutics
- ... In recent years, natural products gained popularity with their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects mediated by chemical compounds within their composition. Study results offering them as palliative therapy options in cancer or as anticancer agents with high levels of cytotoxicity brought a new approach to combine cancer treatment protocols with these products. From a different perspective, e ...
- María Ángeles Ávila‐Gálvez; Rocío García‐Villalba; Francisco Martínez‐Díaz; Beatriz Ocaña‐Castillo; Tamara Monedero‐Saiz; Adela Torrecillas‐Sánchez; Beatriz Abellán; Antonio González‐Sarrías; Juan Carlos Espín
- Molecular nutrition & food research 2019 v.63 no.9 pp. e1801239
- 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; animal tissues; antineoplastic activity; breast neoplasms; breasts; caffeine; chemoprevention; epithelial cells; grape seed extract; lemons; mammary glands; metabolites; metabolomics; methylxanthines; neoplasm cells; olives; patients; polyphenols; pomegranates; resveratrol; surgery; theobromine; urine
- ... SCOPE: Dietary polyphenols may protect against breast cancer. However, it is unknown whether polyphenols reach human malignant breast tumors in molecular forms and(or) at concentrations likely to act against cancer. METHODS AND RESULTS: Ninteen breast cancer patients consumed three capsules daily from biopsy‐confirmed diagnosis to surgery (6 ± 2 days). The capsules contained pomegranate, orange, l ...