Jump to Main Content
- Zefeng Lin; Tingting Wu; Wanshun Wang; Binglin Li; Ming Wang; Lingling Chen; Hong Xia; Tao Zhang
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.140 pp. 330-342
- Escherichia coli; alginates; angiogenesis; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; antimicrobial peptides; antimicrobial properties; biodegradability; collagen; drugs; fibroblasts; hyaluronic acid; mechanical properties; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; porosity; silver; tissue repair
- ... The increase in severe infections caused by antibiotic drug resistance and the decrease in the number of new antibacterial drugs approved for use in the last few decades are driving the need for the development of new antimicrobial strategies. Antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) are a potential new class of antimicrobial drugs that are expected to solve the problem of global antibiotic drug resistance. ...
- Soyoung Baek; Sung Hee Joo; Michal Toborek
- Journal of hazardous materials 2019 v.373 pp. 122-130
- Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; alginates; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; biopolymers; encapsulation; ions; models; multiple drug resistance; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; surface area; tap water; water treatment; zinc; zinc oxide
- ... Treating multidrug-resistant bacteria has been a challenging task, although the bacteria have been reported as a trace contaminant present in tap water. Given emerging issues on antibiotic-resistant bacteria, the present study investigated a novel treatment method in which ZnO nanoparticles (NPs) are encapsulated in an alginate biopolymer solution to explore primary antibacterial mechanisms. The a ...