Jump to Main Content
- Edna S. Costa; Carolina N. França; Francisco A. H. Fonseca; Juliana T. Kato; Henrique T. Bianco; Thiago T. Freitas; Henrique A. R. Fonseca; Antonio Martins Figueiredo Neto; Maria Cristina Izar
- British journal of nutrition 2019 v.121 no.12 pp. 1365-1375
- amylases; bananas; biomass; blood glucose; body composition; body mass index; body weight; diastolic blood pressure; fasting; food intake; gastric emptying; glucose; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; hip circumference; homeostasis; hydrolysis; insulin resistance; models; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutritional support; patients; randomized clinical trials; resistant starch; risk; waist circumference
- ... Diabetes mellitus is a global epidemic, characterised as a heterogeneous group of metabolic disorders associated with high risk of CVD. Green banana biomass, which is composed of resistant starches (RS) and cannot be hydrolysed by amylases, delays gastric emptying and modulates insulin sensitivity, thus contributing to improve metabolic disorders. The aim of the present study was to investigate th ...
- Lúcia Castro Santos de Oliveira; Pedro Victor Nogueira Telles; Jessica Fernanda Reis e Sousa; Ana Karolina Martins Cavalcante; Deysi Viviana Tenazoa Wong; Roberto Cesar Lima-Junior; Francisco Leonardo Torres-Leal; Armenio Aguiar dos Santos; Moisés Tolentino Bento da Silva
- Physiology & behavior 2019 v.209 pp. 112610
- appetite; blood glucose; body composition; body weight; dexamethasone; exercise; feeding behavior; food intake; gastric emptying; gastric fundus; hyperglycemia; insulin resistance; interleukin-6; liquids; males; nutrition assessment; rats; swimming; test meals; undereating
- ... The chronic use of Dexamethasone (Dex) induced hyperglycemia and insulin resistance. On the other hand, physical exercise attenuates the symptoms induced by Dex in many physiological systems. However, the effect of the exercise on the changes in gastric motility induced by dexamethasone remains unknown. We hypothesized that low-intensity aerobic exercise modulates the metabolic effects induced by ...
- Lae-Guen Jang; Geunhoon Choi; Sung-Woo Kim; Byung-Yong Kim; Sunghee Lee; Hyon Park
- Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2019 v.16 no.1 pp. 21
- Bifidobacterium adolescentis; Bifidobacterium longum; Clostridium; DNA; Eubacterium hallii; Haemophilus; Lactobacillus sakei; Sutterella; athletes; athletic performance; bacteria; bioinformatics; body composition; dietary fiber; disease prevention; distress; eating habits; food intake; gastric emptying; high protein diet; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; intestinal microorganisms; intestines; men; nutritional status; observational studies; probiotics; protein intake; resistant starch; short chain fatty acids; species diversity; sports; sports nutrition; strength training; therapeutics
- ... BACKGROUND: Recently, gut microbiota have been studied extensively for health promotion, disease prevention, disease treatment, and exercise performance. It is recommended that athletes avoid dietary fiber and resistant starch to promote gastric emptying and reduce gastrointestinal distress during exercise, but this diet may reduce microbial diversity and compromise the health of the athlete’s gut ...
- PubMed Central: