Jump to Main Content
- Mei-Kee Lee; Kuan-Hon Lim; Paul Millns; Suresh Kumar Mohankumar; Szu-Ting Ng; Chon-Seng Tan; Sue-Mian Then; Yvonne Mbaki; Kang-Nee Ting
- Phytomedicine 2018 v.42 pp. 172-179
- Lignosus rhinocerotis; adenosine; asthma; beta-1 adrenergic receptors; beta-2 adrenergic receptors; beta-glucans; bronchi; bronchodilators; calcium; calcium channels; calcium signaling; carbachol; cough; cultivars; males; mechanism of action; medicinal fungi; mushrooms; potassium channels; protocols; rats; serotonin; tissues; water; South East Asia
- ... Lignosus rhinocerotis (Cooke) Ryvarden is a popular medicinal mushroom used for centuries in Southeast Asia to treat asthma and chronic cough. The present study aimed to investigate the effect of this mushroom on airways patency.The composition of L. rhinocerotis TM02 cultivar was analyzed. Organ bath experiment was employed to study the bronchodilator effect of Lignosus rhinocerotis cold water ex ...
- Logaraj Ramakreshnan; Nasrin Aghamohammadi; Chng Saun Fong; Awang Bulgiba; Rafdzah Ahmad Zaki; Li Ping Wong; Nik Meriam Sulaiman
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.3 pp. 2096-2111
- asthma; children; databases; elderly; emissions; epidemiological studies; human physiology; laboratory experimentation; mental health; models; morbidity; mortality; neoplasms; planning; pollutants; risk; systematic review; throat; time series analysis; toxicity; South East Asia
- ... Seasonal haze episodes and the associated inimical health impacts have become a regular crisis among the ASEAN countries. Even though many emerging experimental and epidemiological studies have documented the plausible health effects of the predominating toxic pollutants of haze, the consistency among the reported findings by these studies is poorly understood. By addressing such gap, this review ...