Jump to Main Content
- Zakiah Ahmad; Wei Chen Lum; Seng Hua Lee; Rinaida Rameli
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 46-48
- Hibiscus cannabinus; bending strength; cement; compression strength; dimensional stability; gypsum; kenaf; mixing; water uptake
- ... Gypsum boards had poor dimensional stability and mechanical properties compared to cement boards. To improve its properties, gypsum–cement boards reinforced with kenaf fibre bast using different gypsum/cement mixing ratios was fabricated in the current study. The results revealed that addition of cement generally improved the bending strength and compressive strength of the gypsum boards. Dimensio ...
- Apri Heri Iswanto; Wulandhari Aritonang; Irawati Azhar; Supriyanto; Widya Fatriasari
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 1-8
- Eucalyptus; bagasse; bamboos; bark; bending strength; biomass; cellulose; durability; mixing; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; ovens; particleboards; raw materials; urea formaldehyde; water content; wood
- ... The decrease of wood supply leads to find out the alternative raw material for particleboard production derived from non-woody cellulose materials, one of the promising material is sorghum bagasse. However, the strength properties of particleboard manufactured from this biomass tend to be low. This research was to evaluate physical, mechanical and durability properties of sorghum bagasse-particleb ...