Jump to Main Content
- Wagner Juliane; Schieberle Peter; Granvogl Michael
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 132-138
- cineole; flavor compounds; isotope dilution technique; licorice; models; odor compounds; odors; stable isotopes; sucrose; vanillin
- ... Application of the sensomics concept elucidated the key odorants of heat-processed licorice (Succus Liquiritiae). Forty-nine aroma-active compounds with flavor dilution (FD) factors between 16 and 2048 were detected; 47 thereof were identified, 23 for the first time in heated licorice. 4-Hydroxy-2,5-dimethylfuran-3(2H)-one revealed the highest FD factor of 2048, followed by 3-hydroxy-4,5-dimethylf ...
- Lauren E. Kelley; Keith R. Cadwallader
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.66 no.10 pp. 2414-2421
- Mentha spicata; cineole; eugenol; flame ionization; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; isotope dilution technique; mint; odor compounds; odors; oils; stable isotopes
- ... Potent odorants in Native spearmint, Scotch spearmint, and Macho mint oils were determined by the combined use of gas chromatography–olfactometry (GCO), gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS), and aroma extract dilution analysis (AEDA). Of the 85 odorants detected, (R)-(−)-carvone was the most potent odorant in all three spearmint oils. Additional predominant odorants in all spearmint oils i ...