Jump to Main Content
- TETSUO I. KOHYAMA; KOTA ONIZAWA; MASAHITO T. KIMURA
- Ecological entomology 2017 v.42 no.6 pp. 785-792
- Asobara; Drosophila simulans; Leptopilina; growth curves; hosts; larvae; larval development; parasitic wasps; parasitism; pupariation
- ... 1. Generalist koinobiont parasitoids often exhibit high flexibility in their development; their larvae shorten or prolong the developmental period depending on the host quality at parasitisation. However, flexibility of the growth rate of parasitoid larvae has rarely been investigated so far. 2. This study investigated how the koinobiont parasitoid wasps Asobara japonica and Leptopilina ryukyuensi ...
- Antonio Biondi; Xingeng Wang; Jeffrey C. Miller; Betsey Miller; Peter W. Shearer; Lucia Zappalà; Gaetano Siscaro; Vaughn W. Walton; Kim A. Hoelmer; Kent M. Daane
- Journal of insect behavior 2017 v.30 no.5 pp. 495-506
- Asobara; Drosophila melanogaster; Drosophila suzukii; adults; arthropod pests; artificial diets; biological control; endoparasitoids; females; fruits; hosts; insect behavior; insects; juveniles; learning; mass rearing; microhabitats; smell; volatile compounds
- ... Insect parasitoids are often manipulated to improve biological control programs for various arthropod pests. Volatile compounds can be a relevant cue used by most parasitoid hymenoptera for host or host microhabitat location. Here, we studied olfactory responses of the braconid Asobara japonica Belokobylskij, an Asiatic endoparasitoid of the invasive pest Drosophila suzukii (Matsumura), toward its ...